Saturday 5 May 2012

Learning a new technique.

Yesterday Jacqui and I attended a fabulous course in Maidstone given by the awesome LisaB from Lisa.B Designs, we were learning to use a brayer and working with fabulous Lavina Stamps. It was a really great afternoon and we learnt alot. So i thought i would show you exactly what we learnt.

DSC00212

Here is the card I made at the class, I would love to say I brayed the background, but unfortunately I didn’t it was a one of a number of card blanks that was on sale at the Mobile Shop in the Hall. I did stamp it though I used Milled Lavender and Black Archival Ink to stamp the flowers, fairy and unicorn, then added Gold stickles to the Flowers, the middle was cut with nesties and matted and 3d back on to the card blank, I think it looks great.

DSC00215

 

 

 

 

 

This is my first attempt at brayering,  Thanks Lisa I had a brilliant afternoon and came home really fired up.

All the items used on the card and practise piece can be bought from

Lisa.B. Design

LogoColorTextRight

Lisa's workshops are held on the First Friday of each month at

Fant Community Hall,
Fant Lane,
Maidstone, Kent.
ME16 8NN.

For full details of future workshops please click here

Big Hugs

Lin

XXX

2 comments:

MagsB said...

Oh gorgeous! I love silhouette stamps against a coloured background, they remind me of the lovely Jan Pienkowski posters that everyone had blu-tacked to their walls when I was at Uni! Your card is so romantic! Love it!

love Mags B x

Louise Welsh said...

looks like you had a fab ime i love lavinia stamps and only have a few. lovely cards lin, louise xx